Title: Closing Achievement Gaps in Reading: A Look at Infrastucture & Interventions K-5
Group rate for 5 or more.
Comment from one of the attendees of the live recording on July 27th: "Finally, I learned about how to get others to "buy in" when creating a system of supports."
- Available through December 31, 2017.
- Earn 1.5 continuing education hours (or, for SLPs, 1.5 Certification Maintenance Hours which are accepted by ASHA)
- Within one week of purchasing this webinar, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the recording link, the handout, the evaluation, and instructions for earning your certificate of attendance. To earn certificates of attendance for a group of attendees, please assign one person to be the point of contact for this process. This person will forward the above mentioned recording link email (containing also the handout and evaluation) to the participants who will be participating in this group webinar. Each person will then be responsible for submitting his/her own evaluation via the survey link in the email, by the assigned deadline, in order to receive a certificate of attendance.
Presented by Marianne Nice, MS, CCC-SLP. Marianne is a speech language pathologist and a certified reading specialist. she is on the adjunct faculty at UNH within the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department. As a vetted Turn Around Coach for the New Hampshire Dept of Ed., Marianne consults regularly to school districts on school change and closing reading achievement gaps. Marianne is also the lead national trainer for Reading with TLC. She is the owner and director of Language and Learning Connections in Portsmouth, NH where she provides clinical services to language and literacy challenged individuals. Known for her warm, passionate style of presenting and her down-to-earth rapport with her participants, Marianne speaks regularly at local and national level conventions.
This webinar will explore how reading achievement gaps are easily formed and difficult to close. Examine underlying language and learning challenges that directly effect reading, leading to accurate diagnosis and intervention planning. Learn why it takes a well-coordinated effort involving both interventions and school-wide infrastructure to produce improved student outcomes.
· Describe underlying language challenges that create achievement gaps in students and successful methods of screening to identify these at risk students
· Describe challenges within school-wide infrastructure that contribute to growing achievement gaps
· Examine methods of scheduling to produce improved outcomes and suggestions for intensifying your interventions.
After watching the recording and completing a brief assessment, all attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for 1.5 continuing education hour. Certificates are sent on a monthly basis. (For speech pathologists: The certificates of attendance that are supplied can definitely be applied toward the 30 Certification Maintenance Hours (CMHs) of professional development that ASHA requires to maintain ASHA Certificates of Clinical Competence (CCC), however this course is not registered as an official ASHA CEU course. The earned credits will not get entered into your ASHA CEU registry. Please hold onto the certificate as this can be used if your three-year professional development interval is audited. More information can be obtained from the ASHA website regarding CMHs - under "Certification."